I am very fortunate to be Guest Designer this week for Time Out Challenges’ exciting new ‘Inspired by Words’ Challenge, which just happens to be: “Rock around the Clock”.
What springs to mind when you hear that phrase? Admittedly, I immediately thought of Bill Haley and the Comets’ immortal song, but didn’t have a music-related stamp-set. So, after much thinking, I went with the ‘clock’ part of the phrase.
I felt like making a masculine CAS graphic card, so I selected colours and a style to support that. I used a woodgrain background stamp for the base card. My die cut circles are popped up with foam tape for added dimension, and an enamel dot has been used to create the centre-piece of the clock. I must admit, this Paper Smooches stamp set is a lot of fun.
Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hi!
- Cardstock: White 210gsm card (Panther); Soft Suede (Stampin’ Up!)
- Stamp: Free Spirits (Paper Smooches); Wood Grain CS837 (KaiserCraft)
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler; Daffodil Delight; Soft Suede; Sahara Sand (Stampin Up!)
- Dies: Cookie Cutter nesting circles (QuicKutz)
- Other: foam tape; candy dot neutrals (Stampin’ Up!)