Is ‘tear’ a verb or a noun? You decide!
I treated it as a verb, and created my sea by ‘tearing’ a strip of post-it paper, and inking across the edge of it, into the negative space created by a die-cut circle. This gave me a lovely textured edge, without the need to add a layer.
To maintain white space, but to create some interest, I scored the base card, paper-pieced the boat sails and added three gemstone ‘port-holes’. Enough faffing about with one wee boat, don’t you think!
The DT have taken you down a variety of noun and verb paths this week. Take a look!
Hazel Hodgkins – you are here!
Guest Designer: Marilyn
Sponsor: Right at Home
Thanks for visiting! 🙂
- Cardstock: Whisper White; Silver Slate; Raspberry Ripple; Birthday Basics DSP (Stampin’ Up!)
- Ink: Tempting Turquoise; Pacific Point; Memento Tuxedo Black; Daffodil Delight (Stampin’ Up!)
- Stamps: Boy’s Party (Annabelle Stamps); Mini Clear Stamps CS913 Birthday (KaiserCraft)
- Die: MFT Pierced Square Stax
- Other: mini blue rhinestones (my stash); Simply Scored scoring tool (Stampin’ Up!)