Sooooooo…..I tried something new…
Layers! Quite a few layers, actually!
For those of you who have been following me for a while, you will know that this is way out of my comfort zone. I think there are more embellishments on this card than I have used on my last 25 cards, combined! However, making this was enormously therapeutic! It’s one of the reasons we make cards, isn’t it?
I really enjoy playing with water-colours, and have fallen in love with the wet-on-wet watercolouring technique, when combined with embossing. I love the way the colour pools around the embossing, and gradually fades as it spreads!
The same technique was applied to the ‘happy’ sentiment, but because it had been die-cut on ordinary white cardstock, the effect was quite different.
And then, I got to assemble it all! Water-colouring, layers, frames, embossing, stamping, die-cutting, pop dots, embellishments, glitter! I tried it all on this one card, my friends!
SO, after all that, I would like to link this card to:
I am joining in Virginia’s linky party, (very excited to see Virginia back!) with a birthday card for a special friend.
Thanks for visiting!
- Cardstock: Basic Gray (Stampin’ Up!)
- Stamps: Vintage Flowers (Altenew); Label Love (Altenew)
- Ink: Versa-Mark; Melon Mambo; Brilliance Moolight White Pigment Ink (Tsukineko)
- Dies: Vintage Flowers (Altenew); MFT-710 Brushstroke Birthday Greet
- Other: Glitter Instant Frames (Merci); Sprinkles – Icicle (Sprinkleberry); Silver EP (Starfish Lane); Paintbox watercolours (my stash); Foam dimensionals, Tombo Mono Multi-Purpose Adhesive