It ‘s CASology time again, and this week, we are celebrating the second most popular card-sending holiday after Christmas.
I decide to express my valentine love as a jar crammed to the brim with hearts. Confetti hearts, to be more precise, so that I could fit more in!
I tried to capture the translucency of tissue paper by overlapping the hearts in a variety of pinks and reds, to give a sense of depth, without layering.
Framing the jar also helps to ‘ground’ the image as well as give it prominence, yet still retain plenty of ‘white space’.
This was a fun CAS card to make, which required a few simple steps:
- Creating masks for gingham bow and jar, respectively.
- Card internal: with masking papers removed.
- Stamped sentiment on front of acetate gives sentiment a fun, ‘floating’ effect.
Feeling the love yet??
The DT has created some gorgeous love-inspired cards. Take a look:
Guest Designer: Lindsey
Sponsor: Uniko Studio
I would also like to link this card, in the category of Clean and Simple, to the following Challenges:
Thanks so much for visiting!
- Cardstock: SU!: Whisper White; Pink scraps; acetate (my stash)
- Stamps: STAMPlorations: Vignette: Eclectic Florals Stamp set (for the bow, sentiment and jar; Waffle Flower’s Notions stamp set (for the hearts)
- Ink: SU!’: Real Red, Rose Romance, Blushing Bride and Positively Pink, Stazon Jet Black; ColourBox Silver Pigment Ink; Memento Tuxedo Black.
- Dies: MFT Pierced Circle Stax; Clearly Besotted In Stitches Christmas die collection (I think it might be retired).
- Other: Water colour pencils (Faber Castell)