Back with a great CASology cue for you:
When I first saw this cue, I thought of Casey Chamber’s song, Not Pretty Enough’ I haven’t heard that song in years, but for some reason, that song pops into my head whenever I read this cue. Funny how the brain works sometimes!
So, while I didn’t make a card that has anything to do with that song, I endeavoured to make a pretty baby card for a friend who has a baby girl due early next year.
I wanted to make sure this sweet little duck looked suitably girly, so I watercoloured her in pink and orange and added a white rosette to her head. The rosette gave her quite a vintage look, so I went in search of patterned paper that would hint at her rosette, and settled on a rich chocolate floral piece from Basic Grey’s Barista range. LOOOOVE that paper!
To create a bit of depth, The pink ‘background’ cardstock has been raised with the help of fun foam, and the die-cut circle inset.
And that’s it!
Make sure you visit the rest of the team for amazing inspiration!
Guest Designer: Claire
Sponsor: Uniko Studio
- Cardstock: Pink Pirouette (Stampin’ Up!); Barista (Basic Grey)
- Ink: Rose Romance; Versa-mark (Stampin’ Up!)
- Stamp: Sweet Baby (Uniko Studio)
- Dies: Pierced Circle Stax (MFT); rosette from Birdies Dies (Serendipity Stamps)
- Other: Watercolours: Rose Madder 580; Cadmium Yellow 119 (Cotman); White embossing powder (Stampin’ Up!); fun foam