It’s all about YOU at CASology this week!
A very simple card this week, that is easy to replicate and batch.
Christmas coincides with the end of the school year in Australia, so a ‘thank you’ card that doubles as a Christmas card for teachers, is handy! I was inspired by these thank-you teacher cards created by Jennifer McGuire a year ago. I loved how Jen stretched her stamps to create her apples, so I had a go at creating my own ‘apples’ using some suitable stamps from STAMPlorations . I then followed Jen’s fun multi-inking technique to create some shadowing and add dimension to the apple. I hand-drew the stalk with a multi-liner. The leaves were added with a bit of masking, and the ‘you’ part of the sentiment, heat embossed in gold.
Tags always feel festive to me, so I fashioned my sentiment into a tag, with a tag of festive patterned paper peeping out from underneath. The tag has been applied to the card front with ‘poster tack,’ so that the recipient can remove the tag and place it on a gift for somebody else! After all, sharing is caring!
How will YOU be inspired this week?
Here is the Design Team with some more inspiration:
Guest Designer: Jennie
This week’s Sponsor: STAMPlorations
I am also linking this to:
STAMPlorations October Challenge: green, red and gold are a winning combination at Christmas.
Tag, You’re It Challenge # 32 – I have created a simple tag-themed Christmas card, using the following elements present in Kelly’s card: patterned paper, gold embossing, colour palette.
Thanks so much for visiting!
- Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler; Whisper White; Seasons of Style (Stampin’ Up!)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Versa-Mark; Gold EP (Stampin’ Up!)
- Stamps: Sentiment Builders Thank You; Vignette: Retro Mod Shapes (STAMPlorations)
- Punch: Scalloped Tag Punch (Stampin’ Up!)
- Other: Poster tack (Marbig); Gold Organza ribbon (stash); Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine (Stampin’ Up!); Stripes Embossing Folder (Stampin’ Up!); Paper rounder (Stampin’ Up!)