Happy Friday Everyone!
Just sharing a quick card I made for a couple of Challenges using a gorgeous new butterfly stamp that I recently received from Serendipity Stamps. Couldn’t wait to use it, and couldn’t believe my luck when I saw that I could join in on these two fabulous Challenges:
Here is my card. I have categorised it as “Clean & Layered”, as I have matted the image twice before adding it to the base card:
The butterflies in the Card Concept photo look like biscuits to me. Consequently, I chose a Crumb Cake cardstock background, and heat embossed the sentiment and butterfly in white to resemble icing. I then used my Stampin’ markers to colour in the butterfly in an assortment of colours. This is my first ever butterfly stamp, and I now understand why people love using them so much.
And to finish, I had to add these fab Mahogany sequins! I don’t usually use sequins, but loved these with their woodgrain appearance! I treated myself to some beech and bamboo ones also, so expect to see a few more sequins in upcoming projects.
And that’s it! Thanks so much for popping by!
- Cardstock: Whisper White; Melon Mambo; Crumb Cake (SU!)
- Stamps: Butterfly Nouveau (1315- Serendipity Stamps)
- Ink: Versa-Mark & Stampin’ Markers – Pacific Point; Strawberry Slush; Wild Wasabi, Crisp Cantaloupe, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana
- Die: Stitched Mat Dies – L’il Inker Designs
- Other: Mahogany Sequins (Serendipity Stamps); White Embossing Powder (SU!)