Today’s card was inspired by the current RIC Challenge #79-Oscar’s Red Carpet! I don’t often get the chance to enter this Challenge, despite being inspired by it in numerous galleries! But then this came up, and I had to find a way!
What an amazing line-up! The inspiration photos are all amazing, but in the end I settled on this stunning image:
I tried to capture the rise and fall of the bodice, the embellishment at the waist, and the actress’s fantastic pose! You probably can’t see it too well, but I have punched out a half-circle from the top panel so that the bow sits two-thirds across the front (trying to follow the flow of her pose – probably kidding myself!!). The sentiment was then tucked in behind the bow, and it’s done! I must admit, I don’t use ribbon much these days, but this Challenge gave me the opportunity to bring out the rich gold organza, and it felt good! 🙂
Given the gold embossing, I am also entering this in at Virginia’s View Challenge #13: All Things Embossed
Thanks for visiting!
- Cardstock: Night of Navy (Stampin’ Up!); pearlescent gold card (my stash)
- Stamp: Clear Stamp 4-flowers (Tamar Nahir-Yanai); Garden Fresh-sentiment (Clearly Besotted)
- Ink: Night of Navy; Versa-Mark (Stampin’ Up)
- Embossing Powder: Gold Glory (Stampin’ Up!)
- Other: Gold Organza ribbon (my stash)