This is a great one for scraps! Love how easy it is to create ‘texture’ with VersaMark on the Crumb Cake base!
Cardstock: Whisper White; Seasons of Style DSP; Crumb Cake; Chocolate Chip
Ink: Old Olive; VersaMark®
Punch: decorative star hole punch
Stampsets: Petite Pairs ; Short & Sweet (retired)
Adhesives: Dimensionals; Snail; Tombo®
Trim: Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine
Accessories: Big Shot®; Square Lattice Embossing Folder (for tree trunk); paper snips, paper trimmer
Base card (crumb cake): 8cm x 6cm
Treetop (Season of Style DSP): 3.5cm x 5cm (h)
Tree trunk (Chocolate Chip): 1cm x 1cm
- Cut cardstock according to dimensions above.
- Stamp base card in VersaMark, using snowflake stamp from Short & Sweet stampset.
- Emboss tree trunk using Square Lattice embossing folder.
- Tear strips of Whisper White and glue with Snail / Tombo to bottom of base card.
- Adhere tree trunk with Snail / Tombo to base card, and then adhere triangle above it, using Dimensionals.
- Stamp ‘Merry Christmas’ sentiment to Whisper White cardstock in Old Olive.
- Punch hole at top of tree to create a ‘star’ above the tree. Thread through twine.
It might be nice to add some pearl or rhinestone ‘baubles’ to the tree to bling it up a bit, depending on which DSP you decide to use. Any of the stock used here can be purchased online here. Don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me if you have any questions. Have fun!