No Christmas would be complete without Frosty, even here in the Southern Hemisphere! Here is a fun and easy tag to make, which makes great use of scraps and embossing folders!
Whisper White – Frosty’s head
Chocolate Chip – Frosty’s hat
Pumpkin Pie – Frosty’s nose
Seasons of Style DSP – trim on Frosty’s hat
Tombo Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue- adhering hat to head
Stampin’ Dimensionals – adhering Frosty’s nose to head
Jewel Basic Rhinestones – coloured black with a Sharpie pen.
Baker’s Twine-Cherry Cobbler
Circle: 6.4cm (2 1/2″)
Decorative star or hole punch
Big Shot & Embossing folders:
Big Shot – not essential for this project, but when used in conjunction with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder, you get the fun texture on Santa’s hat. Similarly, when used with the Perfect Polka dot Folder, Frosty’s face has a little more texture.
Frosty’s head: 6.4cm
Frosty’s hat: 3cm x 3 1/2 cm top & brim: 0.5cm (h) x 5.5cm(w)
DSP Trim on Hat: 1cm (h) x 3.5cm
Frosty’s nose: approx: 1cm (perpendicular height) x 3cm
- Punch 6.4cm circle out of Whisper White cardstock. Emboss with Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder.
- Cut 3cm x 3 1/2 cm rectangle out Chocolate Chip cardstock. You might want to trim the sides of his hat to give it a slightly tapered look. Emboss with Square Lattice Embossing Folder. Adhere rectangle to top 3mm of the circle with Tombo. It needs to be close to the top of the circle so that there isn’t any ‘white’ peering out either side above brim, when you adhere that part.
- Cut brim from remaining piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock and adhere directly below rectangle.
- Adhere DSP trim above brim, making sure you cover any white’ peering out either side above brim.
- Adhere nose to Frosty’s face with a Stampin Dimensional so that it pops out of his face a little.
- Colour rhinestones with a black Sharpie and allow to dry. Then stick coloured rhinestones to his face to make eyes and mouth.
- Punch hole in top of hat and thread with baker’s twine.
That’s it! Happy assembling! If you have any questions, or if you want to discuss or order any of the stock used to create this card, contact me and I will be happy to help!